Finally, Summer is right around the corner and we have to start thinking about sun protection. Whether it’s sunny outside or cloudy, the UV rays are always out! Here are 3 useful ways to protect your skin, plus our top 2 products:
- The ol’ fashion way: We all know this form of protection and it’s been used for a long time. The ol’ fashion sunscreen in the form of cream. It’s perfect to apply on the body (legs, arms, tummy, back, etc.) The only downfall with drugstore sunscreens is that many of them are full of chemicals, plus, re-applying this to your face full of makeup isn’t really ideal.. but for the body regions, no problem.
- Mineral powder with SPF: Yes, it exists! You can get a sunscreen (with or without tint) in the form of mineral powder. This form of protection is mostly used for the face/chest area. It solves the issue of re-applying sun protection to a face full of makeup. Plus, if you sweat, this powder will stay on. It’s also great for those who are active and exercise regularly outside because of its quick application and the minerals won’t block your pores! Because it’s a pricey product, it’s not something you would put on your entire body. Keep it for your face, the creams can go on the rest.
- Stay out of the sun: Ok, ok, this one may seem silly, but still. If you don’t want issues with skin cancer, dehydrated skin, accelerated aging skin, (should I go on?), excessive pigmentation, unwanted wrinkles, and much more, maybe you should think about the amount of time you lay outside IN the sun. Sure, it’s nice to have a sun-kissed skin, but self tanners can do that for you. We’re all human, we love the heat of the sun, but everything in moderation.
One thing that everyone should remember is that re-application is crucial. EVERY 2 HOURS. After that amount of time, the SPF expires and you’re no longer protected. This being said, here are our top 2 sun products that we absolutely love (but they also work so well):
- ColoreScience Sunforgettable Mineral Powder (SPF 30 and 50)
This powder is amazing. With a quick built-in brush application, it’s so easy to stay protected. Even if you’re running errands or a marathon! It comes in various shades of colours, but also transparent if you don’t want any. The active ingredients are Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Dioxide.
2. Guinot Ultra UV Suncreen SPF 30
This product has a broad spectrum so it protect against UVAs and UVBs. The active ingredients are avobenzone (protects from UVAs), homosalate, octisalate (protects from UVBs) and octrocrylene.
Copyright © 2019, Meta Esthétique Studio Limited
Content found on metaesthetique.com/weekly-blog, including all texts, images or other formats were created for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to substitute a professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your health care professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.